Employee Engagement Calendar 2023 (HR Calendar 2023) by Symmetrical is full of employee engagement ideas to help you build a happier workplace with an engaging company culture and higher employee retention rates.
Symmetrical’s HR Calendar 2023 includes:
- 2-in-1 HR Calendar & Planner (both printable): calendar pages, a handy planner in a user-friendly format, and notes sections
- Key dates, holidays, meaningful occasions, and other special days for employees and HR professionals
- Key facts about employee engagement and retention (including useful links)
- Quarterly employment engagement tips
- HR & Employer Branding strategy advice
Learn when and how to engage your employees in 2023 so they don’t consider changing jobs!
HR Calendar 2023 and employee engagement
HR Calendar of activities 2023 will help you engage your employees with success by showing you how to recognize, appreciate, and celebrate your staff throughout the whole year. Our employee engagement calendar will inspire you with ideas you may not have considered.
Keeping track of crucial dates with this HR calendar of activities will help you plan well, get creative, and have fun along the way.
Employee engagement and retention are top priorities for many employers and HR departments. No wonder: it’s prohibitively expensive to replace every employee who leaves. Consider the costs of recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and training new candidates.
It costs between $61,000 and $80,000 to replace an employee.AllVoices
Therefore, employee engagement should be a cornerstone of every organization’s strategic planning because of its direct connection to profitability.
An engaging culture will make employees more likely to stay in their jobs. As a result, you’ll experience less of the disruption that comes from recruiting new hires and filling knowledge gaps.Donna Cheung, People & Culture Partner at Symmetrical
HR Calendar 2023 will help you:
- Increase employee engagement and loyalty
- Manage employee satisfaction
- Improve the employer-employee relationship
- Stand out from other employers
- Improve retention rates
Do you remember to celebrate feel-good days like Employee Appreciation Day, Fun at Work Day, and lots of other special days? Celebrate your people whenever you can so they celebrate every work anniversary with you!
HR Calendar 2023 and the Great Resignation: what employees really need
HR employee engagement calendar 2023 also addresses the challenges of the Great Resignation and quiet quitting.
The Great Resignation is a shortcut for the historic quit rate happening on the job market as a result of Covid-19. The pandemic has reshaped many employees’ priorities.
The term “quiet quitting” refers to employees who show up at work to do the bare minimum. According to some people, quiet quitting is a trendy new name for worker dissatisfaction and lack of engagement.
That said, employees are searching for joy, happiness, and work-life balance, not only a paycheck. They’re ready to walk away from jobs if they don’t feel positive about their time at work and/or their needs aren’t met.
Consider the following stats and facts:
- 7 out of 10 workers are open to new opportunities, whether they’re passively open or actively looking (Workable’s Worker Survey).
- Disengagement among employees costs US businesses around $500 billion annually (Gallup estimates).
- Improving your retention rates is important, especially in an era when it’s a headache to retain top talent and workers.
- Not all businesses can rely on compensation as a driver of retention (or can’t do it indefinitely).
- Pay isn’t the only reason employees quit. The lack of work-life balance and a poor company culture are also contributing factors.
- Workplaces where workers merely sit at their desks and click their life away are a thing of the past.
As of today, the Great Resignation and quiet quitting trend shows no signs of slowing down. Therefore, employers must build a great company culture and give employees the right work-life balance.
Although getting paid on time is the most important factor for employees, there are other forms of compensation and intangibles that they value. Celebrating important days is one of them.
Celebrating your employees, whether in a physical or virtual setting, is an element of HR you can control and that can have an enormous impact on employee retention.
Download our Employee Engagement Calendar to keep your employee retention high during the Great Resignation!
HR Calendar 2023: the planner’s preview
In our HR calendar of activities 2023 we’ve included a variety of events so you can choose the ones that fit your organization best and that your employees will simply love.
Every month counts and offers opportunities for engaging your employees. On top of obvious special dates, there are plenty of less obvious opportunities to make your employees feel that their company cares about them.
Therefore, stand out from other employers and identify these opportunities. Check out the examples below and download the full employee engagement calendar for more dates and useful tips.
HR Calendar 2023: examples of employee engagement dates
When planning HR events and activities for 2023, you may want to concentrate most of your efforts at specific times of the year. Q4 in particular is full of special days like Halloween and Christmas.
However, you surely want to keep your employees happy throughout the whole year, right? This means that you need to consistently plan events and activities across 12 months.
Here’s some inspiration.
- Dry January; International Creativity Month
- 4 January: National Trivia Day
- 15 January: Bagel Day; World Religion Day
- 16 January: Blue Monday; Brew Monday
- 19 January: Get to Know Your Customers Day
- 27 January: National Have Fun at Work Day
- Ethnic Equality Month; Human Relations Month
- 2 February: Time to Talk Day
- 4 February: World Cancer Day
- 9 February: Pizza Day
- 14 February: Valentine’s Day
- 17 February: Random Act of Kindness Day
- Optimism Month; Employee Spirit Month
- 1 March: Zero Discrimination Day
- 3 March: Employee Appreciation Day
- 8 March: International Women’s Day; Holi Festival of Colors
- 17 March: St. Patrick’s Day
- 20 March: Spring Equinox, International Day of Happiness
- Stress Awareness Month; World Autism Month
- 1 April: April Fools’ Day; International Fun at Work Day
- 7 April: Good Friday; World Health Day
- 21 April: World Creativity and Innovation Day
- 22 April: Earth Day
- 26 April: Administrative Professionals Day
- Mental Health Awareness Month; Creative Beginnings Month
- 1 May: Labour Day; Early May Bank Holiday (UK)
- 1-5 May: Global Payroll Week
- 17 May: World Baking Day
- 20 May: International Human Resources Day
- 21 May: World Meditation Day; World Day for Cultural Diversity
- Audiobook Appreciation Month; Cucumber Month
- 1 June: Global Day of Parents
- 8 June: Corpus Christi; Best Friend Day
- 12-16 June: Healthy Eating Week
- 18 June: International Picnic Day
- 21 June: Summer Solstice; International Yoga Day
- Social Wellness Month ; Ice Cream Month; Holiday Time
- 11 July: Cheer Up the Lonely Day
- 16 July: Ice Cream Day
- 24 July: International Self-Care Day
- 26 July: National Disability Independence Day
- 30 July: International Friendship Day
- Happiness Happens Month ; Holiday Time
- 4 August: International Beer Day
- 6 August: Cycle to Work Day
- 8 August: International Cat Day
- 9 August: Book Lovers’ Day
- 16 August: Tell a Joke Day
- Organic September; Self-Care Awareness Month
- 1 September: Back to school
- 7 September: International Day of Clean Air
- 10 September: World Suicide Prevention Day
- 19-25 September: International Happiness at Work Week
- 26 September: HR Appreciation Day
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month; Global Diversity Awareness Month; Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- 1 October: International Coffee Day; World Vegetarian Day
- 6 October: World Smile Day
- 10 October: World Mental Health Day; World Inclusion Day
- 16 October: Boss Appreciation Day
- 31 October: Halloween
- Movember; Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 1 November: All Saints’ Day; World Vegan Day; Stress Awareness Day
- 11 November: Singles’ Day (China); Remembrance Day
- 13 November: World Kindness Day
- 16 November: International No Smoking Day
- 19 November: International Men’s Day
- Universal Human Rights Month
- 1 December: World AIDS Day
- 3 December: International Day of Disabled Persons
- 15 December: Ugly Sweater Day
- 25 December: Christmas
- 31 December: New Year’s Eve
Your HR plan with Employee Engagement Calendar 2023
Keeping track with the HR calendar will help keep your employees engaged throughout the whole year. Every month counts, and little actions done regularly can have a disproportionate impact on employee experience.
It’s time to get smart about your people strategy: we wish you every success with this in 2023 and beyond!
Happy New Year from all of us at Symmetrical. Out with the old, in with the new: time to raise a glass to a new chapter! We wish you a healthy and prosperous 2023!